What makes feedback helpful? When it points out the good and the bad. It is okay if you dislike something and it is even better if you love it. But when you give feedback, love and hate are irrelevant.
Feedback that seems legit, but is actually useless:
- "I loved every single part of it!"
- "This was great, hope to see more."
- "This is a bad game!"
- "You are awesome."
- "You suck!"
- "Can you teach me how to do that?"
- "I can do better."
Feedback that seems harsh, but are actually helpful:
- "Something went wrong here. Look at screenshot."
- "I don't like this event, because..."
- "I don't like this map, because..."
- "You did this. Maybe ... would have been better."
- "I loved the reaction of that NPC."
- "I died real quick in the first fight."
It is always important to show what you liked and what you did not like, and why. The "why" part should not be forgotten. Otherwise your feedback is nothing more than a comment.
Thanks for reading. I hope this helped anyone who likes to give feedback to game developers.