Welcome to my website. Or if you've been here before: Welcome back.
It has been a bit quiet around here in 2022. I worked a lot, but not much on my game. Well, I did do some programming, but I didn't make much progress in my main project: BiteMe. Unfortunately, because I had a really good start.
In 2023, I will work on my project more often, but my project is going to change. Right now it is 1 huge project, in which I try to tell a story and also try to offer a good balanced card game. I can do one and I can do the other, but not together in one single project.
The funny thing is: Years ago this started out as a story driven RPG, named BiteMe!Twins. While I was working on this, I also fiddled with new ways to make games. I made board game systems, card game systems, chatbot game systems (in which you actually chat with the AI), a time/calendar system, all while I was also working on my main project.
With most systems it went like this:
- I'm working on BiteMe!Twins
- I get an idea for a complicated system
- I'm convinced it isn't possible
- I wonder if I can do it all by myself
- I start a new project
- I get obsessed by this new idea
- I work on it day-and-night
- I finally have it working
- I instantly get bored by it
- I go back to working on BiteMe!Twins
- (The original RPG)
- (Side story RPG)
- (Remake of BiteMe!Twins with a choice based battle system)
- (Mini games based on BiteMe!Twins)
- (Remake of BiteMe!Twins with tactical battle system)
- (Remake of BiteMe!Twins with active battle system)
- (Fallout Shelter like game based on BiteMe!Twins)
- (Board game based on BiteMe!Twins)
- (Card game based on the BiteMe series)
- (Remake of BiteMe!Twins with BiteMe!Cards as battle system.)
(Right now it is only available for those who bought the full series)